Future Tense Assignment (6 points)

 Sketch One

The year is 2030.

The kind of gift I would want to get is the one for my family. The gift I would want to get is to buy a house in Vail Colorado. I bought one of those mountain houses and it would be on a hill. It would be a gift for them, for the ages and as a retirement present for them. I did my holiday shopping through amazon prime and target. I am more involved with my Jewish heritage, as I am celebrating Hanukkah. The job I have is to work for a medical VR company. I am doing very well there and have accomplished a lot out of it.

I live in a one-bedroom apartment in California or Seattle. It has a kitchen and is functional, it may not be a mansion or a palace of my dreams. I like it because it is comfortable and makes me happy. Humans have experienced a massive climate change, where some parts on earth are no longer livable. The oceans are polluted beyond repair. Corals that did ten years ago are bleached and cannot be saved. Insider trading is a quite common thing, the 1 percent benefit the most.

Sketch Two

The year is 2070.

The dominant technologies of 2070 are robots. They live in your house. The robots will drive cars, help you cook and clean. Act as a tutor for your kids. They do everything and more. Robots can help you live longer and are a great resource for medical use. In fact, they do business and keep a stable job growth for jobs.

It has changed people for both the worse, as the 1 percent sees this to benefit, they are net worth. While the poor are almost homeless, and the second great depression is all over the world. In fact, the U.S is on the verge of a complete collapse of the government. People have behaved differently; they are more aggressive, and everyone is always yelling about something. When walking around the neighborhood picket signs are everywhere.

Robots have helped me in numerous ways. They take my grandkids to school. It is this environment of having robots in your daily that has made my business schedule so much easier. When working for the business I work for now, I know how to time manage my schedule, especially signing documents. It is helping me get enough money for my retirement plan. Through this new technology environment, it is one that has been beneficial to me.

Sketch Three

The year is 2220. 

The main aspect of human technology is where people can jack-in their brains into a new kind of internet, called the outer-net. People can become a new persona from the real one that they are. Through this technological innovation, people are able to experience their wildest dreams. If you want to experience the outer-net, there are worlds to explore. 

Humans fit into this environment because it is a part of everyday culture. Everywhere you go, someone is jacked-in into the outer-net. People would rather escape the everyday life of the real world and go to a fantasy world. In this technological environment, the fantasy worlds are sometimes spectacular and frightening at the same time. It has changed humans in a new way because people do not live on earth necessarily. Technology has become an obsession for many. To experience it all and live in outer-net forever. In order to jack-in people connect their brains to this, although it has been dangerous at times.

My descendants live running a corporation. They go through the everyday of making sure everything runs smoothly and live the lifestyle of 1 percent. They care about only themselves and that family is the most important thing to them. The average person is considered as nothing, is what my descendants think. As an artist, seeing your memories is the new kind of art in the outer-net. They are shown in galleries and some of the best pieces will go for millions of dollars. In the year 2220, being an artist means you have to be on top and take out the big competition, it means that not everyone will make it to the top.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (6 points)

A Song For A New Day (5 point)