The Handmaid’s Tale is a dystopian future as women are subjugated and are slaves in this universe. Many of the women are forced to reproduce children. People who disagree with the government are killed on the spot. When reading the setting and tone, it tells of a society where women are subjugated, like not allowed to read or write. In most dystopias futures, world is full of totalitarianism. An example is the book 1984. As I kept on reading the book by Marget Adwood, I realized the tone is very bleak and desolate. When the United States collapses, Gilead takes over as the government and it shows the dangers of this. The book is also a work of feminism, as it tries to explain what could happen if people are not given rights. The show and the book are very different. While the show takes place in modern day society. In the book, it takes place in the 1980’s. Although the same government and plot happens in the book. Handmaid’s tale has a world where newspapers and the press are ce...
I find the book to be more of a feel-good reading about witches, than one like the tv show American Horror Story season 3. The book is different than other ones. To begin the plot, a twelve-year-old girl named Sunny has amazing athletic abilities but she cannot go outside in the sun. Unbeknownst to her, she is a witch and has powers. Soon she learns magic with other students, like a coven. In most stories that have covens, they are terrifying. However, this is more whimsical than anything else. Even the cover of the book feels happy and pleasant. It makes the reader feel free of movement in the plot of the story. To further elaborate, the story wanted to show that Sunny is a free spirit. The colors of the cover are to show how Sunny can use her magic. Indefinitely, the book wants to show it has pleasantries, not the horrifying book it should be. I find even more interesting about the book is it is almost like a detective story as well. In finding a killer. The killer has mag...
Sketch One The year is 2030. The kind of gift I would want to get is the one for my family. The gift I would want to get is to buy a house in Vail Colorado. I bought one of those mountain houses and it would be on a hill. It would be a gift for them, for the ages and as a retirement present for them. I did my holiday shopping through amazon prime and target. I am more involved with my Jewish heritage, as I am celebrating Hanukkah. The job I have is to work for a medical VR company. I am doing very well there and have accomplished a lot out of it. I live in a one-bedroom apartment in California or Seattle. It has a kitchen and is functional, it may not be a mansion or a palace of my dreams. I like it because it is comfortable and makes me happy. Humans have experienced a massive climate change, where some parts on earth are no longer livable. The oceans are polluted beyond repair. Corals that did ten years ago are bleached and cannot be saved. Insider trading is a quite common thi...
Comments
Post a Comment