The Night Circus (6 points)

The Night Circus is an interesting take on the Narrative of Spiritual Education. I found myself wanting to read more because I am not a huge fan of this genre category. I was enrolled in this universe that takes place in Victorian London. For this reason, in particular, the story is about the magic that happens in a circus. I do not even like the circus and yet I wanted more from this book.

Another aspect of the book that I liked is that the book was almost like a dream or a fairy tale. It didn't feel realistic; however, that does not matter. The book created a lore that is easy for the reader to understand. It was understandable not just from a blogger’s perspective but also for an everyday reader. 

I especially was interested in how they talked about acrobatics. I could imagine myself flying through the stage and doing those crazy stunts. Even mire was the magic I was reading in the book. I mean that literally because illusionists show the true meaning of magic. Celia is one of the main characters of the book, seeing transformations take place.

The book also had mystical elements to it. Everything in the book has some sort of magic to it. It is so well done in this way because it reminded me of reading Harry Potter. I like how the magic felt apart of this universe. It is also felt as if it was always meant to be in this book, meaning the circus elements.

In reading the book, I could imagine the decor. The lightning that felt inviting at different points in the book. The amazement of the performances that were done. I cannot even begin to imagine the decade that this book took place. It just felt so alive. I thought it was spectacular and the way it was done.

So to conclude in this book, the book tells an incredible story, not just incredible. The book made me believe in the power of magic again. I never thought in a million years that a book would make me want to see a magic show again. The circus itself was filled with so much life and darkness to it. An example of this is that the book showing the darkness is in part they care about the profit of the company. Even though this takes place in a circus, I thought that this book was so much more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (6 points)

The Handmaid's Tale (5 points)