Autonomous (5 points)

When reading this book, I saw a dystopian future centered around drugs. Yes I am not kidding around. The everyday person has to take prescription drugs. It is as if the drugs were a constant source and were overly used by everyone. The main drug is one that gets people addicted to work more. Really, that sounds so unhealthy. Now the reality about this book is that it tries to bring light in modern times.

The main characters are named Jack, Paladin, and Elias. The book keeps alternating between Jack and Paladin/Elias. It’s main reason is to show the consequences of the characters actions. In fact, much of the book revolves around choices. It is why the book is a cyberpunk universe because of the consequences of character actions. 

I can tell that this is a cyberpunk universe because Paladin is a military robot. The world is full of dystopian elements. It has science fiction pieces and it takes place in the future. Most cyberpunk universes are far into the future, but they try to explain the problems at hand. Even the cover has a metallic hand, signifying that the book is in the future. 

Now I did feel that the book was hard to follow at certain points. The ending especially just felt like I was jumping from one sequence to another. In fact, it was so overwhelming with the lore intact that I had trouble understanding the ending plot points. It may also be that I am unfamiliar with this kind of topic, the effects of this issue. However, the book is great because I got really involved with this genre category. 

I just like how I was in the reading of things. It was about the world in this book, rather than the characters. I really thought that this was interesting to me. I never thought that a book could do the reverse order of things, in terms of characters first. Although that is an opinion that I think about

The world of Autonomous is of endless destruction. Like I have kept talking about the drugs in this book. I can imagine the neon lights everywhere. In the different facilities used. The loud electronic music used in most of these books. One thing I could say is that I really like reading this book, even with its flaws. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (6 points)

The Handmaid's Tale (5 points)